Saturday, May 6, 2023

Oscar. Popsicle. Joey Votto.

Yesterday was the start of Teacher Appreciation Week at my school.  

I received an Oscar. 



I also got a raspberry cheesecake popsicle after lunch.  


I also got a pack of 2023 Topps Big League from one of my students. I should have taken a picture of the pack of cards, but did not.  I borrowed one from the internet.  



I made a post about these cards a few weeks back. Fun cards that are kid-friendly. You're not likely going to pull something to big from one of these packs.

Somedays you beat the odds.  



I feel appreciated.  

8 comments:

  1. Whoa! A raspberry cheesecake popsicle! hee-hee. No, but that Votto is an awesome pull.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The popsicle was incredible, but Joey Votto was better by a little bit.

      Delete
  2. Very very cool, congrats! Glad you feel appreciated, you should. Love the Votto!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Teacher Appreciation Week! I wish my students hooked me up with packs of cards... especially ones with a Votto auto inside. Nice pull.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Teacher Appreciation Week to you too, Fuji. This is by far the best card I have ever pulled out of a pack of cards at school.

      Delete
  4. You need to find out who picked that pack so you can get them to choose all of your future packs/boxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kid told me where he got the pack of cards. It came from a Target that is a 5 minute walk from my classroom. My school is actually in the middle of a shopping and restaurant area. I need to incorporate walks for baseball cards into my daily work routine. I fear I would just stop and eat lunch every day at the Chick Fil A that is in between my school and the Target.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....