Thursday, March 9, 2023

Bullish

The Durham Bulls won the Triple A Championship last year.  



That's two Triple A Championships in a row.  

I did not write much about it last year, but it was a pretty impressive group of prospects. Come to think of it, I did not write about much of anything last year. Several of the Bulls players will graduate to the Majors and will be with the Rays this summer. The team did have a few of the younger players might who might be back in Durham for another year. Either way, I have started working on putting together cards of the players.  

Today, I am starting out with two of the better Major League prospects on last year's Bulls team.  

First up, pitcher Taj Bradley.  


I have been meaning to pick up a card of Taj Bradley for awhile, but just did not get there until recently. He is only 21 and was only with the Bulls for the second half of last season, so there is a chance that he is back in Durham to start this season. Taj is a hard thrower with control. He's on most Top 100 prospect lists and has autographs on Ebay for less than $20.  

You should probably buy one and thank me later.  

Next.  


Jonathan Aranda.  

He hits and gets on-base. Reminds me a lot of Allen Craig, but he's left-handed.

Aranda has been a good player in the Minors for the past few years, but strangely has almost no cards outside of a base card and an autograph in the 2023 Topps set. He had less than 100 at-bats in the Majors last year, so I was a little surprised that he showed up on cards this year. 

Not going to complain.  

Big on both of these players for the coming year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....