Monday, March 13, 2023

2023 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 1

I have a few Blake Snell posts to make over the next few weeks. My favorite former Durham Bulls pitcher has not autographed cards for any 2023 products yet, but Snell had a few that I missed last year. The quantity of Snell autographs has definitely slowed over the past few years, which is helping me catch up.  

The first one for 2023 is from last year's Triple Threads set.  


Not sure about the purple frame and gold background for a San Diego Padres card. Seems like an odd color combination between the purple, gold, and Padres brown. The picture looks like it is from the team photo shoot and the autograph is Snell's typical signature. Unfortunately, the signature is on a sticker, although it is blended decently. Triple Threads is such a nice product, I wish that these were on-card autographs.

I guess the highlight here is the jersey swatch. 

I am not sure I have a Padres swatch on a Snell card. It's not like I collect relic cards either. Anyway, it's a large brown swatch with two pinstripes. This is about as good as it gets without specifically trying to find a patch card.  

Back of the card.  


Nothing special here. Standard card back for an autograph with a relic piece.  

4 comments:

  1. I don't think that I've ever seen a Padres relic with stripes, so that's something different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think the Padres have had stripes on their jerseys for very long. Maybe only the last two or three years? Maybe not even that long.

      Delete
  2. Sure hope Snell has a bounce back season. The Padres could use that lefty from a few seasons ago. I'm hoping that he'll be pitching his heart out with his expiring contract. That being said... I really need to get a Snell auto for my Padres PC and I'm guessing right now is the best time to buy one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snell cards are cheaper at the moment, so it's probably a good time to pick one up. I really hope he pitches well this season too. Got a feeling this is the year for the Padres, hope Snell gets to finish what the Rays would not let him back in 2020.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....