Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Around The Card Room, Take 3

So, my card room is not only about baseball cards. The room also doubles as a family room on the second floor of our house.  My wife will hang out in the card room from time to time, but my kids are in there all the time. I have a six year old daughter and a twelve year-old son. They generally respect my baseball cards and leave them alone, all while adding their own touches to the space.  

Currently, one of the end tables in my card room is doubling as the home space of the My Little Pony Castle. Who is your favorite My Little Pony?  

Answer in the comments.  



Each of my kids also has a space on the wall in the card room.  

I took my son to his first game a few months before his first birthday. I printed off a picture, framed it, and included the ticket stub in the frame. While other pictures have come and gone from the card room, wall space is finite, this one has stayed right outside the closet for the past decade plus.  


The ticket stub has teeth marks.  




I decided to give my daughter the same treatment, but it took a little longer to get my daughter to a game.  She is not quite 2 in this picture.  



The ticket stub was a challenge here. The Durham Bulls do not do physical tickets unless you have them held at Will Call. All of their tickets are electronic. I ended up taking a screen shot of the e-ticket, shrunk it down slightly, and printed it off in color on card stock.  

Yes, she is wearing a lei and adult sunglasses.  



This is where she spent a large portion of the game, but it was still fun to take her. 

Both pictures are amongst my favorite items in the card room.  

4 comments:

  1. Those are the best items from your room that you've shown so far. And I don't know how you're gonna top them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to beat baby pictures, but I will try at some point in the next week or two.

      Delete
  2. Now that's some sentimental baseball memorabilia. Like Jon said... it's gonna be tough to top these two pieces. As for My Little Pony... I have no idea. Never watched the show, but I remember when there was a blogger or two who were really into it. The closest I've gotten to it is watching Bob's Burgers. There's an episode called The Equestranauts that plays off of MLP fans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is still more good stuff in the baseball card room. The kid pictures are high on the list, but still plenty of more stories to tell and lots of other interesting items. You are not really missing much by having not seen My Little Pony, it's pretty cringeworthy at times. Going to have to watch that Bob's Burgers episode.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....