Thursday, August 25, 2022

I Am So Sick Of 1952 Topps Remakes, Right?

We are all tired of 1952 Topps remakes, which is why I am really enjoying the 2021 Topps Chrome Anniversary set. I featured a few cards from the set a couple of posts ago. The cards came out a year late and are the latest in a seemingly endless carousel of 1952 Topps remakes/rehashes.  

When I see the 2021 Topps Chrome Anniversary cards on Ebay, COMC, or Facebook trade groups, I want to be mad that this is the 20th time (seemingly) used this design for a modern baseball card set. I just can't do it.  The cards look too nice.  

This Scott Rolen card is tremendous and I apologize for nothing.  


First, it's Chrome, so it's a shiny object. 

Second, it's signed by Scott Rolen, who should be in the Hall of Fame.  


Maybe I am drawing a blank here, but this is my favorite Cardinals card I have added to my collection in 2022.  I might as well go out and find a bunch of other autographs from this set.  

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's the best 1952 Topps remake since the 2001 Topps Heritage set.

      Delete
  2. I don't have any particular attachment to Rolen or the Cardinals, but...70 WAR. The guy's a Hall of Famer,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is taking a lot of Hall of Fame voters too long to figure this out.

      Delete
  3. I'm sure you've probably already seen it, but Gene Tenace has a bunch of autographs in this set as well. I've already lost out on like five of them on eBay. Good times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had that same experience, but then I sold a few things on the Bay. I got lazy and used the money to just do a Buy It Now. Probably overpaid by a few dollars, but it's here sitting on my desk.

      Delete
  4. I'm really looking forward to opening my retail box eventually. It doesn't make a lot of sense... since this design has been run into the ground. But I really like what I've seen so far. I wonder how many people end up building a complete set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it were 200-400 cards, I would be there in a second. It seems like a lot of time and money as the set is constructed.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....