Monday, August 10, 2020

2,000

It's taken over 8 years, but this is my 2,000 post.  I had thought about doing some sort of really cool countdown of cards I have posted, or something like that.  I scrapped all of those ideas.  Instead, I am just posting one cool card that I got last month while trading off a few high end modern cards.  No Project 2020 cards were used to trade for this card.  

I think it speaks for itself.  



This 1954 Red Hearts Stan Musial card is my second really nice vintage Cardinals pick up of the summer along my 1959 Topps Bob Gibson rookie card.  There are not very many Musial cards out there, especially from the middle of his career.  Love the coloration on his uniform and hat.  Peak 1950s.

The card is in pretty good condition, just a few minor physical flaws.  The corners are rounded at the top of the card, with the bottom right having some slight paper loss.  Yes, the centering is also off, but I can live with those sorts of problems.  




You can see the centering again on the back of the card.  Nice little write up at the top of the card.  I like that they included the story of why Stan's nickname is "The Man".  I also really like that they put his fielding stats on the back of the card.  That's not common.  

This was a pretty good way to do my 2,000 post.  Thank you to everyone who stopped by during that time to read about my baseball cards.  

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations. That's a awesome milestone ...and a great card of Stan "The Man!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card! Congrats on 2,000 posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, and thanks for sharing that awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on adding this Musial to your Cardinals collection... and for reaching the 2000th post milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on 2,000. The Musial is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2,000 posts is a lot, especially in just eight years. Congratulations on the milestone, it's not one that many have reached, or will ever reach (myself included)!

    ReplyDelete

2024 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 7

This is the ninety-seventh Blake Snell autograph in my collection and definitely the first with the word "Pentamerous" on the fron...