Saturday, August 20, 2022

2022 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 4

I found a Blake Snell autograph from 2022 Gypsy Queen. 

It's an on-card autograph. 

I was really excited that there was an inexpensive, current-year Blake Snell autograph available on Ebay.  

It has the dumbest design of any Blake Snell autograph that I have posted on here the past few years. Well, it is actually in the running for worst design I have ever seen on autograph card. I have wasted a portion of my baseball card budget buying a Blake Snell autograph. It's the first time, hopefully the last, that you will hear me say that phrase. 

This is the card. It is terrible.  


The picture is fine. I am not a fan of camo uniforms, but I can handle them. The border is fine too. Let's get to the "GQ Gems" wheel with the astrological signs and giant gem in the middle. This is the really terrible part. I am not into horoscopes, zodiac signs, gems or minerals. I could care less. 

Remember those Miss Cleo commercials during the 1990s?



Did she end up in prison for fraud?  

I actually knew that Blake Snell's birthday was in December and I see the centaur, but I am sad that Topps did not use the Country Music Centaur from Trolls World Tour. My knowledge of centaurs is limited.  



The gem is a blue Topaz or Turquoise.  



Back of the card.  



Thank goodness this card has a limited print run of 50 copies. I would hate for other Blake Snell collectors to make the same mistake that I made in purchasing this card. 

1 comment:

  1. I've seen these GQ Gems inserts on some of the other blogs, but didn't know that they autograph versions too. I kind of like the bit on the right, although not necessarily for a baseball card. I think the thing that bugs me the most is the askew snapshot. It looks so strange next to the jeweled section. On the bight side though, at least the signature is on card. They got that part right.

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....