Friday, June 26, 2015

Two Off the List.....

Two cards are coming off my Top 10 Wanted List tonight.  I started my list a few months back and it started off slowly.  I have mixed up the cards a bit, some simple targets and a few hard ones, and the pace of cards coming off the list has really picked up.  Tonight's two are one of each: One card that has been up for a few weeks and another that has been on the list since day 1.


Let's start off with the 10th Card on the list first....


I have already picked up all of the autographed copies of the Bowman Flashback cards, but still had one of the non-autographed cards to pick up.  I pulled a few out of packs and boxes and traded for a few of the others as a lot which left me with just this Baerga.  I ended up finding this in an envelope from Tim who writes the blog I Love the Smell of Cardboard in the Morning.  I am putting together a return envelope and I thank you for crossing a card off of my list.

Which brings me to the second card on my list which has been there since the first day it was posted a few months ago.....



Justin Ruggiano is one of my favorite all-time former Durham Bulls players.  I have a ton of his cards and enjoy collecting him.  Even that year he was on the Cubs.  I love the acetate cards and have been looking for an opportunity to add one of these cards of him and I finally found one last week on Ebay.  I probably slightly overpaid for the card, but knocked more than $40 off of the asking original asking price of $60.  It's an acetate, the first one on a 2015 card, so we have to look at the back of the card....


Just an awesome piece of cardboard.  Again, thank you to Tim from I Love the Smell of Cardboard and I will update my Want List with two new cards at some point this weekend.  




8 comments:

  1. Ruggiano is one of my favorite Bulls to collect. In fact, I have a signed pair of his New Balance shoes that he wore at a Mother's Day game. The Bulls auctioned them off and I think that I might have been the only bid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an awesome item! I have my eye on a game used item from him at the moment. I have a wall in my man cave which has used bats. A Ruggiano bat would look nice up there.

      Delete
  2. Love me some acetate! Congratulations on chopping two off of your top 10.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you again Tim! I am going to put together a few things for you next week.

      Delete
  4. I don't have a most wanted list, but I would imagine it would feel great to knock some off there. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not have one until recently, but it is awesome to cross cards off the list.

      Delete

Random Ray - 2023 Panini Flawless

It turns out that Ray Lankford had two autographs in Panini Flawless. I added one a few weeks back and won the other in an auction on Ebay l...