Sunday, June 7, 2015

#MyCardMonday

I have been trying to make a few of the #MyCardMonday posts about current events around baseball, so I have to give this week's post to former Cardinals player Albert Pujols.  The Machine is off to a slow start by his standards, but more importantly, he is starting to pass some big names on the all-time home run list.  So far this year year Albert has passed Ted Williams, Frank Thomas, and McCovey.  This weekend he moved past Jimmie Foxx


I know it does not look like he has passed him, but Baseball Reference always takes a day to update their stats.  Even with Albert being on the Angels I am having a pretty good time watching him pass some really good names on the home run list.  This week could bring Mickey Mantle, so I will be keeping track of his at-bats the next few days.  

In the meantime #MyCardMonday this week goes back for an easy to find Pujols rookie.  There are so many of them and there are a ton of short prints and serial numbers amongst them.  His Upper Deck one is a nice looking card that is easy to find and not too expensive.  



I have always really liked this card.  It's an action shot and it is likely from the Cardinals first road trip during the 2001 season which took the team to play the Rockies and Diamondbacks.  Pujols hit his first career home run against the Diamondbacks that week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....