Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Durham Bulls, Future Durham Bulls

Besides picking up a pair of Pro Debut boxes last weekend, I also picked up four single cards from Jimmy, who used to own the local card shop Big D's in Raleigh.  He still does a lot with cards and is still a great person to work with on new cards.  Last week's new additions were a pair of current Durham Bulls players and a future Durham Bulls player.  First let's look at the current players.....




I love the look of the black bordered Bowman parallels.  There have been a few sets with dark borders over the years that have been duds, but I generally enjoy this look on cardboard.  This is from last year's Bowman Chrome set and is serial numbered to just 35 copies......


This is Romero's third season on the Bulls, but he is still just 24.  He's made only 3 starts this year for the Bulls and has also had a brief stint with the Rays already.  The card has Romero's usual scrawl like signature on the front.  This is definitely my best looking Romero card in my collection.




The second card is awesome.  I am not a huge in person autograph collector, but Jimmy picked this up for me at a Durham Bulls game.  Taylor Motter, current Durham Bulls spark plug, went to Coastal Carolina which is near Jimmy's hometown in South Carolina.  Motter has been a popular player around these parts during the first half of the baseball season.  This is a cool autograph and I am happy to have it in the collection.  Motter actually does not have any certified autographs.  

On to a future Durham Bulls player......


I make those Collecting the Durham Bulls posts about players who are on the Bulls roster.  I cannot wait to make one for this guy.....Daniel Robertson.  The Rays picked up the former A's shortstop in the Ben Zobrist trade and so far he has been pretty impressive in Double A Montgomery.  The interest in his cards has picked up a bit in recent months, but his cards are still very affordable.  I cannot decided which of these I like more.......


They are both great looking cards and I am looking forward to adding a few more Robertson cards soon.  He does not having any Rays cards yet, but I am hoping that Topps will throw him into one of the Topps products later this summer.



1 comment:

  1. I have been fortunate enough to get Romero several times during his three years at Durham. In fact, he signed several for me on Friday night! He has always been accommodating through the years. I am really looking forward to Robertson moving up to Durham!

    ReplyDelete

2024 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 7

This is the ninety-seventh Blake Snell autograph in my collection and definitely the first with the word "Pentamerous" on the fron...