Friday, April 11, 2014

Quad Yadi

I am slightly sad to say that this is my first really cool Yadier Molina card of the 2014 calendar year.  Topps did a great job of including the great Cardinals catcher in their 2014 products.  Molina is now entering his 10th year of service time in the Majors, but has rarely appeared in card products outside of base sets and parallels.  Early in Molina's career he had a few nice autographs and a few nice relics, but there have generally been less than 2 or 3 every year after 2007.  This year Molina has appeared in Topps products a both a signer and on relics cards.  Here's a picture of my first Molina:



Find a nice quad relic out of the new Museum set is an excellent way to start off my Molina cards for the year.  The card is limited to just 75 copies.  I have seen a few Museum relics of Molina's floating around with patches, but those have had some pretty spectacular prices.  Hopefully as the year goes on Topps will continue to use Molina in their sets and I will be able to add a few more nice cards to my stack of Molinas.  An autograph would be outstanding. 

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shouldn't type and drink a beer so let me try this again. Great card. I have seen some of these on the Bay and thought about bidding on one but my wife is freaked out by the relic cards. so the one mandate I have to follow is we buy no relic cards. Small price really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I don't need beer to mangle things some days. Hopefully you can reverse your wife's mandate on relic cards.

      Delete
  3. One of these days I'd like to add a Yadi relic to my PC as well. I like this card's design... so maybe this is the one I'll chase.

    ReplyDelete

2024 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 7

This is the ninety-seventh Blake Snell autograph in my collection and definitely the first with the word "Pentamerous" on the fron...