Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Case Break, A Trade, and A Purchase


I have four pretty sweet cards to show off tonight.  I am going to start with a case break of Topps Museum Collection that I bought into while I was out of town the past few days.  I got my beloved Cardinals and Rays and ended up with a good array of base cards, but more importantly, I got two Cardinals hits.  The first is a Jon Jay Signature Swatches.  The card has two pieces of Jay's uni and an autograph.  There is a print run of 250 cards, which is giant by today's standards, but still a good card.  My second card is a Matt Holliday Primary Patches quad relic with a red and blue patch.  It's a nice addition to my Holliday collection and definitely my good card from this case break.  I know that Holliday has an autograph in Museum collection that I will be on the look out for along with an Allen Craig autograph.

2012 Topps Museum Collection Jon Jay Signature Swatches Autograph 13/250


 2012 Topps Museum Collection Matt Holliday Primary Pieces Matt Holliday Quad Jersey/Patch 81/99


My next card came to me in a trade and I was really excited to land this card.  This card is from the 2000 Fleer Greats of the Game set.  The first two years of this set, 1999 and 2000, were the best two years in my opinion with the 2000 being slightly better.  The 1999 cards featured a picture of an SI cover with a small white rectangle in the bottom corner where the player signed on the card.  I like the 2000 version better because of the empty space.  Good, clean pictures with a simple frame and the autograph.  Great looking cards.  This one features Al Kaline.  Great card, great 'graph, and a definite keeper.  



Last card tonight is a purchase.  I will always try trading for a card before I buy, but I found a good value on this card from the 2011 Topps Update set.  The card is a Cliff Lee autographed patch card numbered 22/25.  I am sure that it will bring me something good back.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....