Monday, October 30, 2023

2023 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 12

This is my fourteenth post of the month. The last time I made that many posts in a month was August, 2020. I wrote about Blake Snell autographs, 1989-1990 Skybox basketball card set (I should post those again), Topps Project 2020, and people money laundering on Ebay by selling junk wax cards for thousands of dollars. 

I am looking at you, 1990 Fleer Jose Uribe.  

All those other topics have faded, but the Blake Snell autographs are still here.

Last week, I was able to pick up another "old" autograph from the 2017 Topps Chrome set. This is specifically from the "Sophomore Stat Lines" insert set, which came in both autograph and non-autograph form. I now own both.  

Here is the front of the card......



It's a little busy for my tastes, but it still works. We got an action shot of Snell pitching in front of the stat that is used on the back of the card (K/9) with all sorts of writing, labels, the autograph, and a serial number all appearing on the bottom of the card. 

Love that the autograph is on-card. 

I could live without the box on the bottom, just give me a big K/9 and Blake Snell pitching with the autograph over the top of it all. The insert name can go on the back, nobody will miss it and everyone knows this is Blake Snell. He's won a Cy Young, or two, so his name can just go on the back too.  

Without all of those things, maybe someone would notice this card is serial numbered out of 99 copies.  

Back of the card.....

There is a sticker on the back of the case. I could not get it all the way off.  


Everything in the box at the bottom of the front of the card is also in the box at the top of the back.  

The write up about the K/9 stat is solid.  

Now, where did I put those basketball cards.  

2 comments:

  1. It's not as impressive as your 14 posts last month, but I've posted twice this week and that kind of feels like I've turned back the clock as well. And I don't know if it bugs you at all, but if you want to get rid of the rest of that sticker, there's a product called Di-Solv-It (I think that's the correct spelling) that's really good for such things. My mom uses it to get price tags off of books and other kinds of collectibles. It even removes scotch tape from toploaders.

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....