Sunday, October 15, 2023

2023 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 11

I was so excited when I saw this card pop up on Ebay as an auction with a middle of the day ending time that happened to coordinate with my late lunch time. I dropped my class off at the cafeteria, made sure they all got through the lunch line, and then went up to my classroom to snipe this Blake Snell autograph off of Ebay. 

No one else bid, so it was a pretty drama-free few minutes.  

Here is the card. The little fuzzies and scratches are on the holder, not the card.   



This autograph is from the 2021 National Baseball Card Day set. Collectors could get a pack of these with a purchase from their local card shop on National Baseball Card Day. The autograph checklist is short and the odds on them was fairly long. Snell has actually signed cards for this set early in his career, which I already have in my collection. 

I had several of copies of this card on my Ebay Watchlist over the past two years, but the copies that popped up tended to be the "RARE!!!!" or "LIMITED!!!" type of listings that were Buy It Now with an exorbitant purchase price. One or two would listen to offers, but not seriously.  

Glad I was patient with this card. While I am happy to own it, it's a sticker autograph with a print-run of 100 copies. Not exactly rare and if this were a base Topps autograph with the same print run and autograph, it would be an easy find for around $10. Always willing to go a little high to fill a whole in my Blake Snell collection, but not $50 over.  



Standard Topps autograph card back with the serial number in the top-right corner.  

2 comments:

  1. I was gonna say that I couldn't remember the last time I was able to bid on something that had little to no competition, but then I remembered winning an SLU card just a few weeks ago for $1.25 with only one other person providing the minimum bid; but before that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the seller really did themselves a disservice by ending the auction in the middle of the day on a weekday. I could see this being something that people watched, but got busy at work and missed out. Maybe. Anyway, I happy to own it. I hope you got a good SLU card.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....