Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Around The Card Room, Take 10

I got a new bobblehead this past weekend that I was really excited to own. 

It did not come with a bat, but the Ebay seller made it right and my bobblehead bat arrived in the mail this afternoon. 

The bat is an important part of this bobblehead.  

Here is the new bobble.  



The four baseballs on the bat are four home runs. 

All four home runs happened in a single game. 

If you are not familiar with Mark Whiten, let me show you three minutes of video from Mark Whiten's best game ever, which included four home runs against the Cincinnati Reds in September of 1993. He also drove in twelve runs tying Jim Bottomley with the National League record.  



Amazing, especially for Whiten. He was a great defensive player with an incredible throwing arm, but not really known for his offense outside of this single game.  


Here is the side view.  



Here is the back with the date of the four home run game stamped on the back of the bobble.  

Last 90 degree turn. 



Great bobble that is going to find a permanant home on a shelf in my baseball card room. These pictures are actually on top of a bookcase. We've got a Mackenzie Gore autograph in the background, Sophie Cunningham, and Felix Hernandez. Mark needs more Cardinals around.  

This seems like a good spot.



This seems like a good spot.  Let me put his bat back and Mark will be home.  

4 comments:

  1. That bobblehead is hard-hittin' ... I don't think I've ever seen the Whiten home run highlights before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am disappointed nobody has posted videos of Mark Whiten throwing. He had a cannon.

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of a bobblehead coming with a detachable accessory. I always thought that it was just the two pieces and a spring. And I wasn't familiar with this feat either, so thanks for posting the video to go along with the write-up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The majority of bobbleheads with bats have them so they can screw off and be stored.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....