Saturday, September 2, 2023

How's Baseball Season Going?

I am not here to talk about the Cardinals finishing last for the first time since 1990 or any of the horrible roster moves they made leading up to this season.

We could talk about the Durham Bulls?  

They're in first place again at the moment, because it's the end of the year and it's the Durham Bulls. If the past twenty-five years has taught us anything, the team will likely win a bunch of stuff during the next few weeks.  

The banner outside the stadium is about to be out of date.  


I have squeezed a handful of Durham Bulls games into my summer and have a few new players to collect, as well as a few old ones that I need to revisit. One of my highlights was getting to see a rehab start by Rays ace pitcher Tyler Glasnow.  

Really impressive player.  


I actually had seen Tyler Glasnow a few years back while he was with the Pirates Triple A team. He was good enough that I decided to add a Bowman Chrome autograph of him to my collection.  


Nice card.  

Most of Glasnow's autographs are under $20, many are under $10. While I still enjoy the Pirates autograph, I thought it would be nice to own an autograph of Glasnow in a Rays uniform and found one that was really cheap.  



This is the second Stadium Club Chrome autograph I have posted in the last two weeks, with the first coming in a Blake Snell post.  These are really nice cards with good stock, and nice finishing touches.  Glasnow's signature has been pretty consistent throughout the years. 

Great card, a few more Durham Bulls cards this week.  

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty good run that they've been on since 1998. I would imagine that that helps in getting people to come out to the games?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bulls generally have really good attendance, but it trails off towards the end of the year when college sports start back up. You get a good matchup in June or July and the Bulls will sell out. Late summer/early fall, tickets are not a problem, even for playoff games. It's mainly college football, which is surprising given the schools here don't have a good track record in that sport. This coming weekend, Duke, UNC, NC State, and Wake Forest all have home football games. State is playing Notre Dame, UNC is playing App State. Both are big deals, both are sell-outs, but all of them take away from the Bulls attendance.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....