Sunday, January 3, 2021

The New Goals

I actually put a lot of thought into this year's goals.  

No, seriously.  

1. More Pre-1970s Durham Bulls Cards/Sets 

I have done a few different set projects on this blog over the years.  I really enjoyed the one I did this past year with the 1975 Topps Minis.  

Did I know who was on the checklist going into the project?  No.  



I have the cards that complete the "set" and will be making the final post for the 1975 Minis within the next week or so.  I am going to try and do three similar Durham Bulls sets this year, but with a little variation for added challenge.  I am going to attempt another 1970s set, but also do a 1960s and 1950s set as the other two.  I am leaning towards working on the 1971 Topps set for that decade, I will figure out the 1960s and 1950s at some point.  

2. A 1960s Set Project (Maybe Two) 

I am going to work on a 1960s set.  Something smaller.  I am not going to try to chase down a few hundred cards.  I am willing to work on something with a more limited checklist, especially one where I can buy the Mantle card without refinancing my mortgage.  Although, interest rates are really low. 

Topps Giants is my likely target.  




If I finish off the Topps Giants set, I have another two or three others that I am considering for the second half of the year.  

3. Find Another Former Bulls Player.....

How many Blake Snell autographs have been posted on my blog during the past four to five years?  



Just a few.  

I thought I had another year with Blake Snell before I had to move on to another player, but the time arrived a little sooner than I thought.  I will still find some Snell cards on the Padres, but it's not like I am going to go out and find thirty of his autographs next year.  

One in-house option would be to work more on cards of Michael Brosseau..... 



The second in-house option would be to go after more Brandon Lowe cards.  



4. Be More Consistent With Writing 

Last year was the least I have written since I started blogging back in 2012.  There was something really hard about sitting down at a computer to type of blog post after sitting in front of a computer for 10 hours during the day to teach my students.  The last few years I had settled into a nice pace where I posted 3 times a week.  Usually once on the weekend, a short weekday post on Monday or Tuesday, and then a late week post.  

That didn't work this year.  

I am hoping to get back to a more consistent pattern, even if it means my overall quantity drops.  

That's it.  We will see how I did next January.  
                                                                                                                   

4 comments:

  1. The 1964 Topps Giants set is an excellent pick. Definitely one of my favorite sets of all-time. And from what I remember... it's pretty affordable. And that 1st Bowman Snell autograph is awesome. Gotta imagine that card is hot right now. Best of luck on your goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fuji! The 64 Giants set will be fun. Already really excited about it.

      Delete
  2. I hear you. Teleworking is tough enough and then to spend more time in front of a computer can be taxing. I hoping for great things out out Snell in SD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Snell will do really well in San Diego. That is going to be a great team the few years.

      Delete

2024 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 7

This is the ninety-seventh Blake Snell autograph in my collection and definitely the first with the word "Pentamerous" on the fron...