Monday, January 25, 2016

Wallet Card Year 2

My Wallet Card made it through one year.  Last year Breakdown Cards made a great post that attracted a lot of attention from other collectors and bloggers.  I really liked the idea and decided to be a part of the Wallet Card crowd.  The only rule for the Wallet Card was that your choice had to make you happy when you saw it.  This is my 1991 Topps Geronimo Pena card after one year.


Definitely worn, but it was fun to have Geronimo by my side during the last year.  I am going to put him in a top loader and file him away as a good collecting memory.  Which brings me to the new Wallet Card that I picked out for this year.

Last year, I went off the beaten path a little bit to pick out the Geronimo Pena card.  Just wanted something different and even though he did not have a really good career, I enjoyed watching him play.  Well, when he was actually healthy enough to get out on the field.  This year I am going to go with something a little bit more straight forward.

The new Wallet Card.....


My favorite player growing up and I went with the 1997 Topps card because it was one of Ray Lankford's better seasons.  It is going into the wallet tomorrow morning and will be there until next year.  I am going to have to do a better job of recording some of the Wallet Cards journeys this year.  I think I only recorded one trip for Geronimo.

1 comment:

  1. Geronimo's looking good! Lots of character there.

    Nice pick with the '97 Lankford.. all the best to you both for a wonderful 2016.

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....