Saturday, November 15, 2014

An Incredible Archer Patch and Plate

I found a mutual Rays fan a fews week back on Facebook and we managed to swap out a few cards last weekend.  He was looking for a few Zobrist cards and had a few cards of Chris Archer up for trade.  I sent over a nice Zobrist Triple Threads autograph and a beautiful pair of patches for two really sharp looking Archer cards.  It's hard to give up cards of players you enjoy, but it's nice to get something unique in return.  Here's a look at my haul:




This card is from the 2011 Topps Pro Debut set which featured Archer as a member of the Tennessee Smokies.  The Smokies are the Cubs Double A team based out of Knoxville, Tennessee.  Archer reached the Cubs Double A the year before in 2010, but was traded to the Rays in the off season as a part of the Matt Garza trade.  The Pro Debut set has had some great patch cards over the years, but this has to be my favorite one I have run across.  The patch on this card is the Minor League baseball symbol, like the Slugger Man MLB logo, and can be found at the top of many minor league team's jerseys.  Here's a picture of Archer with the MiLB logo at the top of his jersey.



The patch is right above the American flag on his back.  Definitely a unique piece and a great addition to my collection.  Did I mention that this card is a 1/1?  Yes, it is.  I picked up another Archer 1/1 in the trade too.......




More of the standard 1/1 card, but I love the 1989 Topps design on this copy of Archer's yellow  printing from this year's Topps Archives set.  Another great looking card.  More Archer and more Topps Pro Debut later this week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....