Thursday, July 28, 2016

The Durham Bulls Version of Wil Myers

It has been a week, this is going to be a really quick post.  I picked up a new Durham Bulls card for my collection last week and did not have a chance to scan it and post it.  Between starting back at work and getting ready for a new little one in a week and half there have been lots of running around.  This morning I have a few quiet minutes to sit at my computer, scan, and type.

Here is my new Wil Myers card.....


I like these Panini booklet cards.  They may be unlicensed, but always have a good design and some nice jersey pieces.  I know Myers autograph is a scribble, but that's just the norm for him.  Let's get into the real reason I got this card....

The right hand side of the card labels Wil Myers as a member of the Rays, which is sort of true, but I really bought this card because of the picture on the left panel of the card.  Here's a little picture comparison.

Tampa Bay Rays Wil Myers.....

























Durham Bulls Wil Myers......















Notice the picture on the booklet has Myers wearing the number 5, but he wore the 9 on the Rays.  Also notice the double ear flap on the batting helmet, worn by minor league players, but not Major League players.  I also went and checked just to see if the picture could be from his time in the Minors with the Royals.  Picture....

















Myers wore the number 8 almost his entire time in the Royals Minor League system and their teams almost have their jersey numbers on the right side of the jersey.  

I know that in a normal year the Durham Bulls get a card or two in sets like Pro Debut and Heritage Minor League, but I was excited to find another card outside of those two sets which would appear to feature a player in their uniform.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday Morning Autograph - Felipe Lopez

I own a couple of thousand autographs, the majority have never appeared on my blog. Here is a random autograph that I have never posted.   T...