Saturday, January 23, 2016

Jake from the Wil Myers Trade Part 2

I am always looking to get ahead a little bit on some of my collecting with the Durham Bulls.  Sometimes I just wait until the players get to Durham, but other times I go out and try to find their cards ahead of time if I can find them at a good price. One of the players I have started to work on a bit is first baseman Jake Bauers.

I am not quite sure what to make of him as a prospect, but he already has several cards out floating around including a few autographs.  Last year I picked up a nice looking Leaf autograph of him after he was traded to the Rays from the Padres in the Wil Myers trade.  He's also had a few certified autographs in a few licensed products I am going to look at picking up in the near future too.

Until then I found a really nice Bowman die cut of the first base prospect....


This is from the 2014 Bowman set, hence the Padres uniform.  Still a really nice looking die cut card. These Bowman Scout's Breakouts are not quite as nice as the Bowman's Best die cuts, but still a sharp looking insert.   I am guessing that he will start out this year in Double A, but hopefully will be in Durham before the end of the summer.  

2 comments:

  1. Between him, Shaffer and Mahtook the Rays look like thier lineup should be tons better soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they also have some good pitching help on the way too with Blake Snell

      Delete

2024 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 7

This is the ninety-seventh Blake Snell autograph in my collection and definitely the first with the word "Pentamerous" on the fron...