Monday, September 8, 2014

Old School Junior



I know that not many people hold much value in ordinary looking relic cards, but this is actually a really cool card that I picked up really cheaply this past week.  The card comes from the 1999 Upper Deck MVP set, which was a low end retail set back in the day.  The packs were a little bit more than a dollar and were mainly just a source of an inexpensive set.  There were some cool relic cards in this set every year starting with this set of bat cards in 1999.  These cards actually sell really well Ebay.  Sure, common cards of players like Mo Vaughn can be found for a few dollars, but some of the bigger names in the set can easily go north of $10.  High end they are not, but they have also held their value much better than their modern equivalent.  

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I'd add that card to my collection any day of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The harder they are to pull, the more value they seem to hold. At least for someone like Griffey.

    ReplyDelete

Monday Morning Autograph - Felipe Lopez

I own a couple of thousand autographs, the majority have never appeared on my blog. Here is a random autograph that I have never posted.   T...