Thursday, February 13, 2014

Acetate Awesomeness

There are several new parallels in the 2014 Topps set.  It's easy to get pulled in too many directions at the beginning of the baseball card season, but I quickly decided that adding a copy of one of the Acetate parallels was a priority.  The cards are numbered to just 10 printed copies and they are very popular.  Both factors has made the cards very pricey.  Add in the fact that there have been few Cardinals or Rays available on Ebay, or other trade and secondary market sites, and I had to really look to find a copy of one of these cards. 

Luckily I had a few Ebay bucks, also won a dispute against a seller who never sent me a card, and I had enough to place a bid on a copy of a former Cardinals pitcher and member of the 2011 World Series team. 

2013 Topps Acetate Kyle Lohse 10/10

The picture does not even do this card justice.  It's easily one of the best parallels that Topps has ever come up with.  I am not sure what rainbow collectors are going to do with these, but I they can have all of the pink and red and black cards if I can find a few more of these.  Even the backs of the cards are cool. 


In many ways these cards remind me a lot of the original EX cards that Fleer put out in the late 90s.  In particular the 1997 set.  The 1998 and 1999 were more transparent than translucent.  Normally I just scan the cards and do not post pictures holding cards or quick pictures using my camera, but it's the best way to show off a little more of this card. 


You can see the light going through the card when it is held up upside the scanner.  Very impressive card overall and I will definitely be finding a few more of these cards this year.  Hopefully I can manage a few Cardinals or Rays.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....