Friday, April 13, 2012

Home Opener and Three New Cards

Spending my afternoon watching the Cardinals home opener.  Wish I was there, but you can't win them all.  I picked up three cards in a small trade a few days ago and they have arrived in the mail.  The first card is a Topps Finest Aaron Crow dual jersey autograph.  Aaron Crow was featured in my contest last week and as a Mizzou enthusiast I pick up some Crow cards here and there.  This is a nice card, but I am slightly annoyed that it is a sticker autograph.  Topps did a better job last year with getting autographs off of stickers and onto cards, but I still don't understand why they still put them in some of their higher end products.  Second card is a Topps Ten Relics Jim Edmonds Bat card.  I love Jimmy Ballgame and miss him playing centerfield for the Cardinals, but do not miss the half-t's he wore during warm-ups.  Last card is a 2011 Topps Pro Debut Chris Archer jersey card.  Archer is currently pitching for the Durham Bulls and has looked good so far.  Hoping to see him pitching for the Rays soon.

2011 Topps Debut Chris Archer Jersey Card


2011 Topps Finest Dual Jersey Autograph Aaron Crow


2002 Topps Ten Relics Jim Edmonds Bat Card 

Remember my last card giveaway ends on Monday evening and I will post a few bonus cards on Twitter later tonight.

2 comments:

2024 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 7

This is the ninety-seventh Blake Snell autograph in my collection and definitely the first with the word "Pentamerous" on the fron...