Monday, September 16, 2024

Monday Morning Autograph - Albert Belle

 


Today's Autograph: 1999 SP Signature Albert Belle 

Why Do I Own This Card?

Albert was a pretty incredible player. His career was too short for him to make the Hall, or so it would seem, but he was a scary hitter. I remember him getting 50 home runs and 50 doubles in a season when I was in high school, I followed along that summer with the box scores. Been a fan every since. Sure, Albert had his faults, but he could absolute hit a baseball. I have other cool Albert Belle cards, there might be a bonus at the end of the post.  

P.S. - Remember that time he got hit by a pitch, but he didn't want the free base?



Back of The Card

Haiku About Albert Belle Running Over Fernando Vina with Video 

Ground ball to Vina

Albert Belle Runs Him Over 

Let's Get Some Water 


 

Bonus Card:

3 comments:

  1. I would not want to mess with Albert Belle. Not sure if he ever played in Durham... but he's a true snorting bull.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Albert played in Durham as a member of the Kinston Indians, who were in the Carolina League. I was not here yet, but I saw him a few times during Interleague games in the 1990s as a member of the Indians and White Sox. Man was a bad ass.

      Delete
  2. I've never seen either of those clips, so thanks for that :)

    ReplyDelete

High School Kids at Target

I have largely avoided the card aisle at Target during the past six months. There is just nothing there that has sparked my interest this ye...