Tuesday, September 3, 2024

105.

This is the 105th Blake Snell autograph in my collection.  

I have actually been waiting to add this card from the 2024 Topps Series 1 to my collection for a few months, but the price has always been outside of my comfort zone for Blake Snell autographs. Almost immediately after Series 1 hit the shelves, this card was north of $50, that includes the base (non-red) variations too. 

I waited patiently, also lost a few auctions on Ebay, but I finally found a copy at a comfortable price.  


Love that brown and gold patch-piece on the front of the card. This is a sticker autograph, but very well blended by Topps.  Serial number is in the bottom right-hand of the card, just two off his jersey number with the Giants.  

Back of the card.  


The typical "CONGRATULATIONS!" message with the usual small print.  

6 comments:

  1. Nice addition! That's a great-looking card.
    The patch with the dual colors is really cool too.
    Congrats on 105!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang. I feel like owning 105 autographs of any particular player qualifies that person as a super collector.

    P.S. That patch is nice... and I love that he's featured with the Padres.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like a super collector. I need to post my latest non-autographs one of these days too. I am working to round out my Blake Snell collection. The contrast on the Padres patch pieces is fantastic.

      Delete
  3. Given that it's numbered to 25, I'm kind of surprised that you would've had more than one chance to own one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snell is not the most popular player, one of the advantages of collecting his cards.

      Delete

High School Kids at Target

I have largely avoided the card aisle at Target during the past six months. There is just nothing there that has sparked my interest this ye...