Wednesday, September 4, 2024

I am old enough to remember........

 when Pacific made Spanish language baseball cards.  

I really miss that company, I was fortunate enough to find a really cool Pacific Ray Lankford card this past weekend that was missing from my collection. There aren't many that aren't 1/1s or serial numbered to something less than 25.  

This is a First Day Issue card from the 1999 Pacific Invincible set.  


The card is serial numbered out of /69 copies. That number is lower than the typical Pacific Opening Day parallel set print run, which ran in each of their products and typically to 99 serial numbered copies. Invincible was a little higher-end for Pacific. The circle on the card is translucent, the scan does not really do the card justice.  

Here is the back of the card......


Spanish language text at the top of the card with the translation on the bottom right-side. Again, the scan does not do much for the translucent circle. 

4 comments:

  1. I always liked Pacific Invincible singles with acetate embedded into the card. My only issue is that they were typically one of those acetate cards per pack... which could get kinda pricey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Given how thing have gone, I'm kind of surprised that Topps hasn't done more Spanish language stuff in recent years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very surprising. You'd think there'd be a market for that.

      Delete

Goal Number 1, Part 1

Way back at the end of 2023, I made a few goals for my 2024 card collecting year. My first goal was to find more Blake Snell insert and para...