Sunday, September 15, 2024

Goal Number 1, Part 1

Way back at the end of 2023, I made a few goals for my 2024 card collecting year. My first goal was to find more Blake Snell insert and parallel cards. It's now the middle of September and I have not posted a single one of these cards. I actually worked on the goal during my blogging break this summer, but never got around to posting any of the cards until today.  

I decided to put heavy emphasis on parallels to start. I made them brand specific, which you will see as you continue reading this post and future posts about this card goal. Plus, there are tons of parallels these days and they are easy to find. I am a long-time Snell collector, but I am a little late to the party when it comes to non-autographed cards.  

For today, I am going to post several parallels I have picked up from Gold Label sets.  Always liked the looks of these cards....


First up is a 2019 Gold Label card. It's a Class 1 card, so it has higher serial numbers. I believe each class of the three classes of cards has a few different parallels, which all have different serial numbers. This card is out of /150 and cost me less a few dollars on COMC. The pictures on the card also change by class. Thinking facial hair versus no facial hair here? That's not actually a thing.  

The next three are all from the 2016 Gold Label set, which make them all rookie cards.  

All red parallels.  




The middle card is photoshopped from a Durham Bulls game.  The tall, dark blue wall is from the left field corner and the sign to the right his head is from a local orthopedic office. The bottom card is the obvious prize of the post with a serial numbered print run of just 25 copies. 

Overall, a nice start to my my first goal of the year, even if came a little bit late.  

5 comments:

  1. Great additions! That last parallel is a real gem. Glad that you have been able to complete part of your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one thing I like about Topps Label is the different classes... which use different photos. Adds variety to the collection. That #'d to 25 rookie card is a really sweet addition to your Snell collection. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gold Label has never been one of my favorite brands, but that doesn't prevent me from seeing why others would like it.

    ReplyDelete

High School Kids at Target

I have largely avoided the card aisle at Target during the past six months. There is just nothing there that has sparked my interest this ye...