Friday, August 25, 2023

Upgraded To The Gift Shop Window

I bought a Ben Sheets autograph last week.  


 

This is from the per-pack-autograph product, Upper Deck Ultimate Signatures. 

I have long dabbled in Ben Sheets cards, but rarely post them.  

Last year, I posted a rant about how Ben Sheets name does not appear anywhere at the USA Baseball facility, which is five minutes from my house and I drive past it everyday driving to work. If you don't want to read the rant, Sheets single-handedly won the Gold Medal Game at the 2000 Olympics, but somehow is not recognized anywhere by USA Baseball. Other players who did not win an Olympic Gold Medal Game with an incredible pitching performance are recognized at the USA Baseball facility.  

Well, I recently had the chance to attend a game to watch the College National Team.  


There is actually a pretty significant expansion project taking place at the facility, which includes a new training building. 

Most importantly, there have also been changes to the gift shop, which now features a timeline of important events and accomplishments of the USA Baseball program. 


Look at that. Win a Gold Medal, appear on the gift shop window.  


4 comments:

  1. Nice to see Sheets receive some recognition... and I vaguely remember the rant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least more recognition.....I still think he needs to have his number retired.

      Delete
  2. Seems like your rant has partially paid off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doubtful. The USA Baseball people ignore me on social media, but they do love that my son buys a ton of food from their concession stands.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....