Saturday, August 26, 2023

2023 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 10

This 2020 Topps Stadium Chrome Autograph of Blake Snell is the 85th Blake Snell autograph in my collection. This was a card that I missed out on during my COVID writing slow down. I do not even remember previously trying to purchase this card. Not really a pricy card either, so I guess it just fell through the pandemic cracks.  

Good looking card.  


Stadium Club is really good at photography and the brand seems to excel at making landscape baseball cards with action shots of pitchers. Look through a set at the pictures of the modern pitchers. So, nice action shot of Snell's follow through in a game against the Red Sox. I like that the batter is looking back at the catcher and umpire, but clearly no ball or strike call has been made. Snell pitched one game in Boston in 2019, which was a 6-1 Rays win. He pitched 6 innings, struck out 7 batters, and the Rays hit 4 home runs.  

The design on the front is solid. The color boxes are a different look for Stadium Club, but they do not get in the way of the picture, which is why people buy Stadium Club cards. Well, it's why people used to buy Stadium Club cards. The little dots around the top and middle of the card are not from the scanner, they are really there. They do not have any texture. I am not sure why, but they seem unnecessary.  

Back of the card.  


Nice stat line and write-up about Blake Snell's 2019 season. It was not a great year for him, but Topps makes it sound nice. Although, the Rays did not help him out very much. Snell only won 6 games that year and his FIP (Fielding Independent ERA) was a run lower than his regular ERA. If you're not into the sabermetric stats, that happens your defense is horrible.  

Anyway, clean design with the picture at the top, stat line at the bottom with the write-up in the middle.  

Blake Snell weighs 215 pounds? A lot of people with that weight this week. 

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, photo-wise, it's pretty hard to top this one. I had noticed the dots on cards in other posts, but never knew if they were part of the card or not. It would be interesting if someone could find out if they're there for a reason, or if they're there just for being there sake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I find an answer I will pass it along. I have a feeling it's faux texture, but I am not for sure.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....