Sunday, August 20, 2023

2023 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 9

This 2019 Topps Now Game-Used Base and Autograph card is the 84th Blake Snell autograph in my collection. I have had my eye on this card for awhile and I am glad I finally added it to my stable of Blake Snell autographs.   

Here is the front of the card.  



I don't love scanned encased cards, they rarely turn out very well.  

I took a picture.  



That's better.  

So much to love about this card. Nice action shot of Blake Snell pitching in the 2019 playoffs against the Astros, along with a swatch from a base, and Snell's signature to top it all off.  The card is celebrating Snell's save in Game 4 of the ALDS, which appears to be the only one of his professional career. In fact, this is one of only two relief appearances Snell has made since reaching the Majors. Both were in the Postseason.  

I don't do much with memorabilia cards, but love that the game-used item on the card actually appears to be used. It's at least really dirty.  


 I ran the sticker serial number through the MLB Authentication website. Here is what I found: 


The base was used for Game 3 and Game 4 of the ALDS against the Astros. Both games won by the Rays, who would lose the series in seven games. I am more curious about the fact that Kevin Cash used Blake Snell late in a game to extend a playoff series. 

If only Kevin Cash used this same strategy in the 2020 World Series......



Back of the card.  



Nice action shot of Snell and Zunino shaking hands after the game along with a disclaimer about the game-used base being from Tropicana Field.  

Overall, this is a great card. Glad someone bought it from Topps and resold it to me on Ebay.  

2 comments:

  1. Only 16 more to go to 100! Did you ever think that you'd own so many of his autos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never thought I would do this many autographs of an individual player.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....