Saturday, October 29, 2022

Pujols Parade - 2022 Topps Update

We are nearly at the end of the 2022 baseball season and there have been very few new Albert Pujols cards in a Cardinals uniform outside of a bunch of Topps Now issues. I know he signed late in Spring Training, but it feels like there have been far more Dodgers cards of Pujols made than Cardinals cards.  Granted, I have not done much with the Topps Now cards, I do appreciate that they were made, and will probably buy a bunch of them at some point down the line.  

In the meantime, I will hope that Topps catches up with some of their late in the year product releases.  

Topps Update has several Pujols cards in a Cardinals uniform and I am going to pick his base card for my once-a-blue-moon-when-I-blog Pujols post.  



This year's Topps design is decent. I don't love that you can barely read the player position in the lower right corner of the card, but the rest of the design elements are decent enough. I love the photo on the front of this card with Albert tipping his hat to the crowd. After looking around on the internet for a few minutes, I am almost certain that this photograph was taken at Busch Stadium during the Cardinals Home Opener.  

Well done, Topps.  

Back of the card.  



No write-up or blurb needed, just two decades worth of numbers.  

Great card.

2 comments:

  1. That's a good picture to use. He should have some good ones in 2023 Series 1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Given how he ended his career on such a high note, I would expect him to be appearing in new sets for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....