Sunday, November 7, 2021

2021 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 4

Blake Snell has pitched an entire season with the Padres.  The Rays traded him to the Padres in December of 2020.  A whole year later and Topps is still making Blake Snell cards on the Rays.  I was going to have a hard time deciding whether to collect his autographs after he started appearing on cards as a Padre.  Luckily, it seems that Topps has kicked that can down the road to some degree.  

Incredible.  

Here is my newest Blake Snell autograph from Five Star. 




Five Star is one of those products that is a $200 pack of cards with two autographs.  The cards have on-card autographs and really thick card stock.  They are really nice.  I'm sure if you land a Mike Trout autograph you are happy you spent $200 on a box of cards.  At the same time, I can't imagine paying $200 for a box/pack of cards and landing a $20 autograph of Blake Snell.  I'd be irked.  

Well, I did not open a $200 pack of cards and I was more than happy to take a $20 autograph off the hands of someone who did.  The card is not even serial numbered?  Bon jour, case breaker.  

Back of the card.  


At first glance this does not seem all that impressive.  However, Topps typically fills the back of their high-end products with some giant note that starts with the word, "CONGRATULATIONS" in all caps.  I like the "Five Star Career" with 5 important accomplishments/highlights from Snell's career.  Really nice touch by Topps to actually do something interesting with the card back here.   

2 comments:

  1. A. Sure hope Snell finds his groove in 2022.
    B. Sure hope I pick up a Padres autograph of his before he finds that groove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping for a better year out of Snell next year. Maybe a new manager and coaching staff will help out. I hope you are able to find a Padres autograph of Snell. I feel like those are his more high-end cards that have come out this year.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....