Sunday, September 1, 2019

Weekend Countdown: Favorite Blake Snell Autographs

I am nearing 20 Blake Snell autographs for the year, so I figured it would be fun to go back and compare some of this year's cards to those I have picked up over the past few years. 

This week's rules:


  • Blake Snell autographs 

  • Blake Snell autographs 

  • Blake Snell autographs 

  • I am picking my favorite five 


5. 2016 Allen & Ginter - This was a great set for the Durham Bulls.  It was fun to collect, and I specifically remember wanting this Ginter autograph.  I had mastered his Bowman cards, found his Durham Bulls autograph, so this was one of the first Rays autographs.  Still a favorite.   I like the darker frame too, as opposed to this year's set which is more gold colored.  




4. 2018 Topps Now Autograph - Have I ever mentioned that I do not buy directly from Topps?  Luckily other people do, and then they sell and trade me the cards that they buy directly from Topps.  I was a little nervous going for a Topps Now autograph, but they really are nice cards.  Assuming someone else takes the risk of buying them directly from Topps.  Oh, something about the actual card?  It commemorates Snell being an incredible pitcher during the 2018 season, striking out a ton of batters, and winning a lot of games in the process.  





3. 2019 Topps Heritage - Always a good one to own.  





2. 2016 Topps Chrome - This is a Durham Bulls picture that has been airbrushed into a Tampa Rays picture.  Plus the card is shiny.  




1. 2016 Topps Pro Debut - Not very surprising.  






3 comments:

  1. Out of these five, I'd say the Ginter and Heritage autos would be my favorites. Both autographs really stand out... and I've always enjoyed the vintage card look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the pace that you've been acquiring his autographs you might end up having to redo this lit sometime next year :)

    ReplyDelete

Random Ray - 2023 Panini Flawless

It turns out that Ray Lankford had two autographs in Panini Flawless. I added one a few weeks back and won the other in an auction on Ebay l...