Sunday, September 8, 2019

I'm Fine With The Expos

In my new tradition of not buying current products, I skipped doing much with this year's Topps Archives product.  You know that they always have great autographs in that set though, so I had to go check out what was available on Ebay.  The Cardinals selection was underwhelming, but there were former Cardinals in the set wearing other uniforms. 

They are in the Expos Anniversary Set. 

I'm fine with the Expos.  It's not like it's the Cubs Anniversary set, but even then, if it's the right Cardinals player I am going to go for it.  Let's check out the cards. 



This is Ken Hill's second appearance on the blog this week.  Personal best for writing about Ken Hill.  Solid starting pitcher during the 1990s, he actually made his Major League debut as a Cardinal, but was traded to the Expos after a few years.  Hill's best years were as an Expo, so it's probably pretty fair to put him in an Expos set.  Although, I am not sure how many people would associate him with that team? 

This guy is definitely an Expo, or maybe a Rockie. 




Nobody remembers Andres Galarraga playing for the Cardinals, and I have a feeling that if you asked Andres about it he would prefer you forget about it too.  Not his best year.  Interestingly enough he was traded to the Cardinals for Ken Hill.  Kind of connects my two former Cardinals cards here.  Hill ended up getting traded back to the Cardinals, Galarraga went on to hit a lot of home runs and win a batting title or two with the Rockies.  

All the Expos cards in the Topps Archives set are on the 1969 Topps design.  There are also non-autographed versions of all these cards.  Might have to get the Bartolo Colon Expos cards, not willing to shill out for the autograph.  

5 comments:

  1. Probably the only thing I want from Archives this year..

    The Expos inserts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already grabbed the Hill for my Expos PC. I'll eventually track down a Galarraga too. I just wish they didn't include the Expos 50 Years Anniversary stamp on the card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stamp makes the front busy, but I am still happy with the cards. Kind of dig finding cards of teams that are not around anymore. Wish someone would make some Browns cards.

      Delete
  3. BEST ONLINE LOVE SPELL CASTER TO GET YOUR EX LOVER, HUSBAND, WIFE, GIRLFRIEND OR BOYFRIEND BACK. ADD HIM UP ON WHATSAPP: +2349083639501
    -Email- blackmagicsolutions95@gmail.com
    Hello Everyone Am Christian Hofman, am from the USA. I work for Apache Corporations international, I met Baba Nosa on my trip to Africa, I went there for a contract Negotiations and I lost to a different company, I was devasted and broken and just a few months ago, I had just been divorced, my wife left with my kids and this job was my way back to a good life and getting my family back. After my consultation with Baba Nosa, He performed a spell for me and I got the contract and a few months later my wife and kids returned to me and I owed it all to Baba Nosa spiritual spell and powers. I am a testifier of baba Nosa a spiritual father of many great men. for any of your spiritual problems and it will be solved. He can make you rich without blood rituals, bring back your ex_husband,ex_wife, ex _boyfriend or girlfriend only if you can text or WhatsApp baba Nosa today on
    +2349083639501. if you are having issues with the following
    (1) If you want your ex back.
    (2) if you always have bad dreams or having sex on a dream.
    (3) You want to be promoted in your office.
    (4)If you need the power to win a court case
    (5)Any form of spell
    (7)Commanding tone spell
    (8)Protection ring
    (9)Travel success ring
    (10)Spiritual power for Men of God
    (11)Tie your husband/wife to yourself forever alone
    (12) You want women/men to run after you. (13) If you want a child.
    (14) You want to be rich without blood rituals. (15) If you need financial assistance.
    (16) Herbal care
    (17) If you can't be able to satisfy your wife's sexual desire. due to poor erection.
    (18) If you have an HIV AID sickness and power to cure cancer problems Call Baba Nosa on +2349083639501
    TRADITIONAL MEDICINE Herbal Home & Native Doctors. Office Address no 20 ivory lane, Ife Osun state... k

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....