Sunday, September 30, 2018

Two Nice Sox

Not cards that necessarily fit my collection, but two players who both appeared locally for White Sox Minor League teams and impressed.  For whatever reason, there are three different White Sox Minor League teams in North Carolina.  In their current state, the White Sox are a bit of a disaster, but there is help on the way soon.  

First up.....




is a card of outfielder Luis Robert.  The Cardinals had actually tried to sign him a few years ago when he defected from Cuba, but they missed out on him to the White Sox.  I actually have other Robert cards, slowly building a little collection.  Sometimes it's nice to branch out from usual Cardinals and Durham Bulls cards.  I like his potential.  

As for the card, this is from Bowman Tek.  Second year Topps has put out this set, not sure that I love the idea of having a Topps Tek and a Bowman Tek, seems repetitive.  Still, a pretty big fan of this 1990s/early 2000s rehash.  

Next.  



The great Eloy Jimenez.  Originally started out in the Cubs farm system, but was traded over to the South Side for Jose Quintana.  Sure most Cubs front office people would love to have that one back.   He's a really impressive prospect that made it all the way to Triple A Charlotte this year.  Jimenez had a .996 OPS as a 21 year old.  He's going to be really really good.  Jimenez will be on the White Sox at some point next season.  

Jimenez has a few Bowman cards, but they are really expensive.  If I am going to spend that much money on an autograph, I will just buy a Mike Trout.  His Panini, Leaf, and Pro Debut autographs are a little nicer.  I went with the Pro Debut since it has him in a uniform where the logos are not airbrushed off.  Great looking card.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....