Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Volunteer Baseball Player

I have been able to seen a lot of really good college baseball players by attending USA Baseball games in the summer to watch the College National Team.  Lots of first round draft picks, a few number one overall draft picks, and plenty of players who have gone on to become solid Major League Baseball players.

There have also been a few duds along the way too, but that is for a different day.

For the last few months I have been on the lookout for a card of former Tennessee Volunteer, and current Detroit Tigers prospect, Christian Stewart.  He has a few Tigers cards in Bowman, Topps Pro Debut, and a few different USA Baseball and Tennessee issues with Panini.  I kind of dig the Tigers, my wife is from northern Michigan, and my in-laws are Tigers fans.

Still, I saw Stewart play with USA Baseball, so I was really holding out for a card of him in the red, white, and blue.  I succeeded.



It's obviously a sticker autograph which is a bit of a negative, but overall I really like the appearance of this card.  Yes, I know the jersey is wrinkled or something too.  Is that one of those crease lines you get on your dress shirts/pants when you first buy them?  

Stewart has faired well in his Minor League career so far with 30 home runs last season split between A Ball and Double A, with another 15 dingers 50 games into this season.  Might have to pick a Stewart autograph in a Tigers uni sooner than later.....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....