Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Big Dawg Cardboard

If I had to rank the best players who appeared on the Durham Bulls last season first baseman Casey Gillaspie would have to rank at the the top of the list.  He was not in the Bull City for the full season, but in just over 200 plate appearances he put up a .307/.389/.520 slash line with 7 home runs, 2 triples, 13 doubles, and 23 RBIs.  I would guess that the former first round pick of the Rays starts the 2017 season in Durham, but he might not be there for very long.

Naturally, I had taken stock of the Casey Gillaspie cards in my collection and felt like it was a little bit on the flimsy and light side, so I picked up a copy of his Bowman Chrome autograph from 2015 to improve what was in my Durham Bulls autograph box....


Considering that the Rays just traded first base prospect Richie Shaffer to the Mariners, it probably means that Gillaspie has a pretty good shot at getting some playing time in Tampa sooner than later.  Excited to add this nice looking autographed card and looking forward to seeing him next season, at least for a short time, in Durham.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....