Saturday, November 12, 2016

Not So Sure About This One....

Coming into this summer there was so much to like about Cardinals prospect Harrison Bader.  The former Florida Gator star was drafted by the Cardinals in the third round of the 2015 MLB Draft.  During his first summer of Minor League Baseball Bader hit .311/.368/.523 with 11 home runs, 13 doubles, and 17 steals in just 61 games.  

He was on my list of players to find this summer.  He had cards in some Panini products last year which featured him in a college uni, but nothing in a Major League licensed product.  Honestly, I think the U of F cards looked cool, but there were a little bit more expensive than what I was willing to pay, or part with in trade.  

Then Bowman Chrome came out this summer and Harrison Bader appeared.  I was initially pretty excited, but the cards seemed to linger in and around $25 and Bader had on OPS below .700 in 50 Triple games this summer.  I was still interested in his cards, just not at that price.  

Last week I finally found a Harrison Bader card in a trade and was happy with what I gave up for the card......



I am still not sure about Bader given what happened last year in the high minors, but I should also mention that I picked up another Cardinals player's autograph in the trade.  I wasn't really looking forward to having to pay money for this guy's card......




but apparently he is on the Cardinals roster for the next few years.  Since it was practically a throw-in, I am going to go ahead and be alright with this card being in my collection.  Hopefully both players do a little better in 2017 and we can revisit this post and laugh....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....