Sunday, November 8, 2015

What to do, what to do....

I spent the past week eyeing another item on the Topps Vault in the hopes that I could add another unique Ray Lankford item to my collection of the former Cardinals center fielder.  I didn't actually think that I would end up winning the item since it also included a photo proof of Ken Griffey Jr. and Bernie Williams.  I am not sure how well the Bernie stuff sells on Topps Vault, but I have seen Griffey stuff on there and it is out of my price range.

Still I watched, I put in my bid, and at the end of the week I walked away with the item for less than $20.  I am still somewhat amazed that I landed this piece of Ray Lankford coolness.....



These photos were used to make the Triumvirate inserts which were sorted by player position that year.  Here's a look at what these three photos were turned into..... (Note- I always use my own cards on this site, but I do not own a copy of the Bernie Williams card.  The scan below is from COMC)




I am really happy to land these three photo proofs, but I am know trying to figure out how to display these three items.  Back in the day I won a few photo proofs of the St. Louis players, both Browns and Cardinals, in the 2003 Topps Gallery set.  I took the items and found some small black picture frames to display them in my baseball card room.  The items originally looked like this....


and here is the same item in the frame.....


I actually own three of them and they look nice in the frames.  I have them on a small section of wall stacked vertically.  Really nice.  However, the latest photo proofs I picked up from Topps are much more of a set making me want to display them all together.  Topps used some kind of adhesive to stick them onto a sheet of paper, it's just Scotch tape or something, but I can work around that.  I am actually thinking of taking them to a person that does framing and doing a nice matted display with the proofs and cards displayed someway, somehow.  I am looking forward to seeing what someone can do with these.....

1 comment:

  1. Sounds awesome.. get a lil plaque done for the frame when done

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....