Thursday, October 15, 2015

Simontacchi!

A little old school tonight for tonight's post.  I was going back through some of my old sets trying to finish off a few of them when I ran across a few holes in my 2002 Topps Pristine set.  Most notably I was lacking a Jason Simontacchi card.  For those unfamiliar with him, he played for the Cardinals in the early 2000s primarily during the 2002 and 2003 seasons.  Not the best pitcher by any stretch of the imagination, but he was popular with fans.  

So, I got my base card of Simontacchi's Topps Pristine card, or Common, but also managed to pick up a few other cool Simontacchi cards from the set.  Here's a look at the other two cards from the Pristine set:  

 

Both of the new Simontacchi cards are Gold Refractors from the set and are serial numbered out of 70.  I also like that Topps used the deckle edges for these cards.  They are shiny and bright, but the edges give the cards a cool texture too.  The best part of landing these two cool Simontacchi cards is the fact that they cost slightly less than $2.  He might not have been the best pitcher in the world, but he is still a Cardinal, and these cards are still both numbered to 70.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....