Saturday, October 11, 2014

Triple Threads Code

One of the more perplexing threads of discussion that pops up on my Twitter feed is collectors trying to figure out the Ginter Code.  I know it is a puzzle, I know it's difficult, and I know it a pretty challenging thing to win.  Honestly, most of the time I am completely lost when I start seeing tweets with the hashtag #gintercode.  Things like "The Bud Selig card does not have any information on the back, is this like last year's Pele?"  I think about responding, but just move onto something else.  Maybe local poltical posts.....




I was recently looking at a few Triple Threads cards to add to my collection when I ran across a really weird looking Chris Archer card.  Most Triple Threads cards have an understandable message spelled out on the card.  Things like "Rays" or a nickname or a stat from the players career or previous season.  The weird Archer card reads JUL SHO SHO.  What's that mean? 



Any guesses?  The Triple Threads Code says this means that Chris Archer had two shutouts in the month of July during the 2013 season.  I had considered something like that, but was holding out hope it was some cool nickname for Archer that I was unaware of, or something cool.  The two shutouts.....

Shutout #1 against the Yankees......



and Shutout #2 with a bonus horrible first pitch by Carly Rae Jepsen




No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 7

This is the ninety-seventh Blake Snell autograph in my collection and definitely the first with the word "Pentamerous" on the fron...