Saturday, March 23, 2013

2010 Topps Triple Threads Ben Zobrist All-Star Game Patch

I spend a lot of my collecting time looking for players I have spent time watching during their time on the Durham Bulls.  Over the past decade the Bulls have had a fair share of successful major league players on their roster which has made my collecting a little bit easier.  I have a nice collection of David Price, Longoria, Hellickson, Desmond Jennings, and many others.  I even saw the Bulls posted their roster for the start of the 2013 season and have started working on picking up a few of the new names on the roster.

Sometimes a few of the former Bulls players slip through the collecting cracks and I miss out on some good cards.  It's not a bad problem to have to keep track of a highly successful minor league system that graduates many Major League Players up to the bigs.  Somedays it just gets to be a little much.  One such player is Rays super utility man Ben Zobrist.  I enjoy watching Zobrist and appreciate the contributions he makes to the Rays, but he does not have a ton of cards and most aren't worth going out of the way to collect.  There are exceptions.  


2010 Topps Triple Threads Ben Zobrist All-Star Game Patch


Zobrist rarely appears in the high end Topps products, but they do manage to throw him into the Triple Threads set every couple of years.  Zobrist usually gets an autograph and the card usually plays on his nickname of "Zorilla".  Topps also threw Zobrist into the Topps Marquee set two years ago with some nice quad relic cards.  However, I am really happy with my newest Zobrist card.  While it is not autographed, it features some fabulous patch pieces with an added bonus of being from the All-Star Game in my hometown of St. Louis.  


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....