Friday, November 7, 2014

Friday Five: Top Five Wes Anderson Movies

I watch movies.  There are few movies that I will go to a theater and watch, but a Wes Anderson film is always worth my time.  If you could check out my ITunes movies there are not a lot of movies on my computer, but I think most of the Wes Anderson titles are lingering around in there with a with Quentin Tarantino films.  Here's my favorite five Wes Anderson movies including a few Honorable Mentions: 

Rushmore (1998)- One of Anderson's early movies.  Anderson movies tend to have similar casts and this movie put together Owen Wilson, Bill Murray, and Jason Schwartzman.  Former Devo rocker Mark Mothersbaugh put together the soundtrack.  This was their first run, but this group had better work together.  

Darjeeling Limited (2007)- One of the first movies I ever saw with my wife.  The beginning of the movie is actually a short film, Hotel Chevalier, which is one of Anderson's better short films and connects with the Darjeeling Limited movie.  The soundtrack is awesome, the movie is meh.  

and Hotel Chevalier Hotel Chevalier introduces viewers to the character of Jack from the Darjeeling Limited and his girlfriend/acquaintance played by Natalie Portman.  

Castello Cavalcanti (2013)- Another Anderson short film with Jason Schwartzman 


and my Friday Five.....

5.  Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009)- My day job is teaching fourth graders and this book is always fit into my school year at some point.  I love Roald Dahl books and this is a classic.  Anderson took some liberties with the plot and characters, but I think Dahl would approve.  Really well done movie and a little bit different type of film out of Anderson, while still making a very Wes Anderson like movie.  


4.  The Grand Budapest Hotel (2013)- This was the latest full feature Anderson movie.  Recounts the life of hotel concierge Gustave H who works at the famous Grand Budapest Hotel.  It's a great looking film with loads of unique buildings, rooms, and artwork littering the background.  


3. Bottle Rocket (1996)- My favorite early Wes Anderson movie.  The Wilson brothers portray bungling thieves.  
 


2.  The Aquatic Life of Steve Zissou (2004) A classic with Bill Murray and lots of David Bowie tunes.  Lots of the typical Anderson themes with the usual good soundtrack.  Here's a synopsis put together by 8 bit cinema.  


1.  Royal Tenenbaums (2002) The best Anderson movie.  Great plot and storylines with an awesome soundtrack about the three extraordinary Tenenbaum children.  

one final scene.  Have a great evening.  

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday Morning Autograph - Felipe Lopez

I own a couple of thousand autographs, the majority have never appeared on my blog. Here is a random autograph that I have never posted.   T...