Saturday, August 28, 2021

2021 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 1

I went back and looked to see how many Blake Snell autograph posts I had made at this point in 2019.  The answer is 19 for the year.  I am happy to be making my first of 2021.  There are fewer Snell autographs this year, but I am also still not sure whether or not I am going to do much with his Padres cards.  For the moment, I have decided to collect the 2021 Snell autographs that show him in a Rays uniform.  




The first Snell autograph of the year is out of Tier One.  I like the blue and gold color scheme along with the frame around the card.  Not sure about some of the design elements around the frame.  The top and bottom have the lattice design, the sides have a partial frame, but no lattice?  Alright.  

I like the head-on photo of Snell pitching.  It would be cool if we could see his hand better.  What pitch do you think he's throwing?  I'm going curveball.  



Flip the card over.  



The standard "Congratulations" card back.  You were expecting something else?  


4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to one day picking up a Snell on-card autograph featuring him with the Padres.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few out there, but not as many as I thought there would be. Topps has been really slow to change his cards over from the Rays to Padres. Surprising given the hype and popularity of that team at the moment.

      Delete

  2. Thanks for sharing this post with us.Wikivela

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....