Saturday, August 29, 2020

Every Once In A While

The number of Ray Lankford posts I make on here have dwindled over the years.  There are not many cards that I am missing for my collection, and the ones I am missing frequently end up costly crazy amounts of money.  Every once in a while, one pops up and the bidding/price of the card stays reasonable.  

I found a Lankford card missing from my collection, and it cost me right around $10.

So, I swooped in and bought the card.  After a long journey across the country, it arrived in my mailbox earlier this week.  Just a little busy at work this week, so it's been sitting on my desk for a few days.  

Excited about this card.  

The marks are on the top loader and sleeve.  


This is from the 1998 Leaf set, which had all sorts of parallels and die-cuts.  It's an overly complicated baseball card set, further complicated by the fact that there is actually a Chrome style parallel set of the 1998 Leaf set that was packaged with parallel sets of Donruss and Donruss Elite. 

It's true, all of it.  

I have a few different Lankford cards from this set, but not this one.  The card is serial numbered to 50, which seems like a pretty high number in today's baseball cards, but this was a tough pull in 1998.  



This is the lowest serial numbered parallel set in the 1998 Leaf set, so I now own a complete run of all the Ray Lankford cards in the 1998 Leaf set.  Always a good feeling.  When I get a free moment, I need to find the other parallels and put them in a single post.  


2 comments:

  1. #'d to 50? That's awesome. That would have been a crazy pull back in the 90's. Congratulations on completing your run of Leaf Lankfords.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it would have been a sweet pull. I never got any of these cards in my packs back in the late 1990s. Happy to own them now.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....