Thursday, August 20, 2020

2020 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 3

In August 2019, I ended the month with 17 Blake Snell autographs for the year.  There have been less Snell autographs this year, not sure I could come up with 14 more 2020 Blake Snell autographs, even if the budget was unlimited.  I might also be suffering some slight hangover from collecting 30 autographs of a single player in a calendar year.  

The new Snell autograph comes out of Topps Series 2, which is impossible to find because of Luis Robert.  Luckily, people are not buying all the Blake Snell cards.  I really like that Topps gave him a 1985 Topps insert autographed card.  




The sticker looks a little more blended on the scan than it is in person, but I just really like the design of this card.  I have always been a big fan of the 1985 Topps set, and found the 1985 inserts in this year's Topps set to be one of it's most redeeming qualities.  

Here is the back of the card....


Seems like it's pretty standard.  

Overall, this might be my favorite Snell autograph that I have picked up in 2020.  There have been so few that I actually can wrap my head around comparing them all.  The design on this one is what really stands out from the other two.  The first was a Postseason insert in Topps Series 1.  The other was out of Tribute.  

I am not going to go find 27 more Blake Snell autographs between now and December, but it actually felt pretty good get some mail that add to that portion of my collection.  

4 comments:

  1. I'm not gung ho over 2020 Topps, but sounds like if I wanted to get my hands on a complete set... the factory set would be the way to go. At least you're guaranteed a Roberts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Congratulations on landing your third 2020 Snell autograph!

      Delete
    2. I was at Target the first day that Topps Series 2 was released, but I only bought one blaster. I was there with a long list of household stuff to buy for the wife. If I had known people were going to be this crazy over the stuff, I would have bought more than one blaster. I actually pulled a Robert card out of the one blaster, so I have that covered.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....