Saturday, June 27, 2020

One Dozen Local Basketball Cards #5

Here is the backstory behind these cards.

I got everything right last week. 

The first half dozen for this week.  These are cards 49 - 54 in the 1990-1991 Skybox set.



The second half dozen.  These are cards 55 - 60 in the 1990-1991 Skybox set.



Here are some questions.  I know more about college basketball than the NBA, feel free to debate the answer to these questions in the space below.  I am not doing research for a basketball card post. 

Best player in this dozen: I am leaning Larry Nance.  

Without looking (pinky swear) who went to what college.  

Last week I knew 9 out of 12.  So far, 27 out of the 48 players in the set.  

Brad Daugherty - UNC 
Chucky Brown - NC State 
Steve Kerr - Arizona 
Tree Rollins - Clemson 
Mark Price - Georgia Tech 
Larry Nance - Clemson 
Steve Alford - Indiana 
Rolando Blackman - K-State 


Best Card Front: Chucky Brown shooting the ball over James Worthy.  I already know the shot was good.  Yes, there is some local bias in the answer.  

Best Card Back: Mark Price.  Looks like a Christmas card photo he got taken at Sears.    

Best Cameo:  Charles Barkley on the Tree Rollins card.  

Fun Fact: Chucky Brown and I went to the same school.   

4 comments:

  1. At this point, I'll be happy with getting one player/college match correct. This time around, I knew that Kerr attended Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man. You're right. Not sure how I missed Daugherty. Gotta wonder what his career would have looked like had he not had back issues.

      Delete
  2. Larry Nance was good, but Rolando Blackman is your best player from this group.

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....