Friday, April 17, 2020

The Super Utility Team Part 2

It's been a few days, back to some former Durham Bulls players. 

The last time I shared a card of a Durham Bulls player, it was an Inception card of Michael Brosseau, one of the current Rays players who seems to play everywhere on the field.  Really nice card too. 



Which brings me to another newer card in my collection.  I think I might have picked this up our first week at home.  A little bigger name than Brosseau.  Here is the card which is from this year's Topps Heritage set.  Love the black borders. 



I saw Brendan McKay while he was in college with Louisville, and again with the USA National College team a few summers back.  I am not sure if he is going to hit enough to stick in the Majors as a DH, but he's certainly talented enough as a pitcher.  For the moment, I just think it's neat to see the old "pitcher-dh" label on his baseball cards.  

I also like that McKay squeezed his signature into the lone light colored space on the card.  He's always had a small autograph, this card would stink he used that blue pen over a dark blue Rays uniform.  

2 comments:

  1. If I had to guess, I'd say Topps told McKay to use that specific pen and he was just cognizant enough to sign in the best possible space on the card. As for the Inception autograph... I love the use of silver Sharpie on darker background. Hmmm. Maybe Topps should have sent McKay silver Sharpies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silver pens are completely underused. They always look sharp on cards, especially ones with dark backgrounds.

      Delete

2024 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 7

This is the ninety-seventh Blake Snell autograph in my collection and definitely the first with the word "Pentamerous" on the fron...