Saturday, July 27, 2019

Classic Big Mac

I have been posting a lot of older Durham Bulls cards during the past month, but I also wanted to get around to some older Cardinals cards this summer too.  However, rather than going with pre-World War II cards, I have been working more on cards from the 1990s and early 2000s.  Primarily, I am trying to find some nice non-Cardinals cards of some former Cardinals players.  I have had a list going for awhile, and it's time to cross a few off.

For today, I have two new Mark McGwire's that are inserts, one of which is a die-cut parallel of the other card.  Base insert card first....



This is a Holoview insert from the 1994 SP set.  It's also hard to scan cards with holograms, but the space around the bottom of the card was the highlight of these cards.  Pretty high tech at this point.  You can see McGwire's face on the right side, and the SP logo on the right.  There is more there, but they did not scan well.  Love the perm/mullet look from McGwire. 





Same card, but the die cut versions of these cards are a lot harder to find.  This is my second Holoview Die-Cut card in my collection.  I added an Ozzie Smith a few years back.  




Happy to add a second.  

2 comments:

  1. Really nice cards, that Ozzie is fantastic! I had one of the SP die-cuts back in the day (Andres Galaragga) but sold it on COMC a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome set! I finally crossed the A-Rod off my wantlist a few months ago. Now I'm targeting a Griffey.

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....